Research internship at Collaborative Creativity Group – Maastricht University (UNU-MERIT)
The Collaborative Creativity Group (CCG) of UNU-MERIT, Maastricht University, has several internships in European projects available for MA students of new media and digital culture, communication sciences, media studies or any other relevant social scientific study.
UNU-MERIT is a research and training centre of United Nations University (UNU) and Maastricht University (UM), based in southeast Netherlands. UNU-MERIT explores the social, political and economic factors that drive technological innovation, with a particular focus on creation, diffusion and access to knowledge. The Collaborative Creativity Group at UNU-MERIT investigates the socio-economics of collaboration across all domains:
- We examine the mechanisms that enable people and companies to innovate together.
- We look into ways of paying for public knowledge goods, whether they are scientific and technological inventions, basic research or cultural developments
- We help policymakers to create a positive environment for creativity and innovation, promoting economic growth and social welfare.
- We advise industry and others on how to encourage collaborative creativity and make the best of the human impulse to work together.
Currently, we are looking for motivated interns within two European projects, namely TAO and RISCOSS. The main target of the TAO research and development project is to ease the access of older persons to the opportunities offered by social media and online communities and to develop new business opportunities. The RISCOSS aims at risk management and mitigation tools and methods for community-based and industry-supported Open Source Software development, thereby helping to respond to a significant demand of key industries in Europe.
Who are we looking for?
- Currently doing a master's study in social or human sciences (communication sciences, new media and digital culture, language and culture studies, social sciences...)
- Great interest in the field of new media and digital culture, technology and innovation
- Good knowledge of user research methodologies (qualitative methods)
- Good knowledge of / or affinity with ICT
- Good knowledge of (Dutch and) English (spoken and written)
- Team player with strong interpersonal/social skills
- Available from February to April/May/June 2013
What do we offer?
- An interesting research position in a stimulating environment
- Doing project research based in an academic environment
- Research experience in industry-driven international research consortia
- Daily guidance and assistance with respect to the research
- A place for personal development and input
- Flexible hours
- Travel costs will be reimbursed
Please send a short motivational letter with your CV to Stijn Bannier before January 7th to email@example.com.