Internship at Spotted by Locals - also for Non-Dutch speakers!
Love travel & city life? Want to turn your passion for social media / marketing into a job, but need more experience on your CV? Looking for a flexible, location independent internship? We’re looking for you!
The company Spotted by Locals is a series of blogs, PDF city guides and mobile (iPhone, Android) apps with up-to-date tips by handpicked local writers ("Spotters") in 56 cities in Europe and North America.
Internship Spotted by Locals
Love travel & city life? Want to turn your passion for social media / marketing / HR / design / tech into a job, but need more experience on your CV? Looking for a flexible, location independent internship? We’re looking for you!
Spotted by Locals
Spotted by Locals is a series of blogs, PDF city guides and mobile (iPhone, Android) apps with up-to-date tips by handpicked local writers ("Spotters") in 56 cities in Europe and North America.
By experiencing a destination like a local, travelers learn about the local culture and habits. The Spotted by Locals founders and bloggers aim to make a contribution to a better world through more intercultural understanding.
We’re not a typical “company”
Spotted by Locals is not a typical company. For starters, (apart from the founders) we have no employees and work with freelancers (editor, designers, programmers) only.
We also do not have an “office”. Sanne & Bart (and editor Laura) work from a big table from their home in Amsterdam, or from coffee shops with wifi. Interns will work with them in Amsterdam, or where-ever they have an internet / Skype connection available.
Interns from various universities and countries (University Utrecht, Copenhagen Business School, JAMK Finland) would love to tell you how their internship at Spotted by Locals was. Please contact Bart for contact info.
The contents of the internship depend largely on the interests of the student. We have loads of interesting work in many fields! Roles:
- Managing Social Media Content (blogs, Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Managing Social Media Marketing - promoting our apps & blogs
- Marketing & PR for one country
- Managing Spotter recruitment - finding new Spotters and managing processes
- Boosting App sales (social media, app store, SEO)
- Creative marketing: design advertising materials, company videos, virals….
- Tech: Wordpress, php, Facebook apps, iOS, Android...
- Research: SEO / app sales analysis
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll learn about how we run a “new style” company (which we think many of you will end up working at, instead of a big corporate company): a flexible multi-national company in 30 countries, managed by a small team
- You’ll work directly with the co-founders on exciting new projects
- You’ll love working in a very positive multi-cultural environment (300 Spotters from 30 countries)
- We love helping you find your passion, and help you in your career.
The Spotted by Locals founders will do everything in their power to help students learn as much as possible. In terms of responsibility, the sky is the limit if students prove they are competent and eager to learn.
What Spotted by Locals expects
We expect ambitious students who are very eager to learn, and work independently. The owners are of course fully available during your internship either via Skype, Hangouts or mail.
- Fluent or near-fluent in English - written as well as spoken
- Knowledgeable about and very interested in social media
- Students must have their own computer and access to a fast internet connection
Time & conditions
40 hours per week, with a minimum commitment for 3 months. To a large extent it’s up to you what time you work. We expect you to check email and reply to important comments at least once a day.
We’re open to applications from anywhere in the world! But we consider it an advantage if we can meet in person regularly, or at least work together in person for a few weeks to get to know each other
This is an unpaid internship.
If you’re interested, or would like more information, please contact co-founder Bart van Poll.